Skip to main content
- A library card must be presented in order to check out books. All replacement cards are $2.
- First time card users may check out two items. When those have been returned, the patron may check out more than two items.
- Patrons may have no more than 25 items checked out at one time.
- All library materials are checked out for three weeks, with the exception of DVD's which are checked out for one week. (No more than 2 DVD's per card please.)
- Materials may be renewed one time for an additional three weeks provided they have not been reserved by another patron.
- Materials may be renewed by phone. Please have your library card number ready when you call.
- All overdue items are fined at the rate of $.10 per day with a maximum charge of $2 per item. All overdue materials must be returned and fines paid before checking out more materials.
- Inter-library loan books may not be renewed, and are fined at the rate of $.50 per day
- The library provides computers for public use. These may be used for internet access and word processing. The only charge associated with these computers is a charge of $.10 per page for printing.
- We offer wireless access. This is password protected so you must ask for the password.
- We have two computers for public access to the card catalog.
- We offer a copier for public use. These copies are $.25 per page
- Patrons may access our website at stonecountylibrary.com. There you will be able to find information about the library, access the card catalog, reserve and renew books, and look at announcements.
- There is a pay phone in the lobby for public use. The phone in the library is for staff only.
- The Edith Lowe Conference Room is available for use by community groups. A list of policies and procedures may be obtained from the library staff.